[AccessD] Access Versions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:45:03 CDT 2009

I have been using Access extensively since v.2.0. I gave 1.0 and 1.1 a brief
look and decided quickly that they weren't up to snuff. But 2.0 met my
demands and then I moved to 95 and then 97 and then 2000 and then 2003 and
then 2007 (the latter I have only used somewhat, because like many others on
this list, I have found the ribbon thing quite disorienting. However, a
potential gig has come up requiring conversion of several existing apps to
Access 2007.

Anyway, the list of qualifcations mentions Access 2002 several times. What
is that? The first version of Office XP? Maybe I just never knew it by the
name 2002. Alternatively, the RFP could be wrong and its author meant 2003.
I can't remember. Can anyone clarify this point.

Secondly, has anyone on this list got experience migrating existing apps to
2007, and if so, what problems did you encounter?

Thanks in advance,
Arthur