[AccessD] From a reader

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Mar 11 10:32:39 CDT 2009

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com
www.bchacc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:20 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] From a reader

Depends on the version you have, Rocky.  There is a learning curve, but I
started with Visio 1, long before MS bought it, so I don't really know how
steep it would be starting with a late version.  It has the capability of
importing a database schema from an mdb and it allows you to specify items
to include/exclude.  It only works with an unsecured database and I don't
know if it handles anything but an mdb these days because I'm not actively
using it.  Once you have imported the schema, you can create pages and put
tables and their relationships on whichever page you want in order to group
them.  You can save the resulting diagram to html, among other formats, so
it can be viewed in a browser without Visio involved at all after that.

Charlotte Foust