[AccessD] William Hindman (Re: Visual Basic 2008 Express&VB.NET)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Mar 16 10:56:27 CDT 2009

You can 'restore' a machine into a virtual machine using Acronis True
Image Restore (it's a non-free package).  Someone also recommended
another package I think called WinImage (not sure if it's free or not).

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Max Wanadoo
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 1:28 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] William Hindman (Re: Visual Basic 2008
Express&VB.NET)

Here is a stupid question so apologies:

When I install my Virtual bits, can I then, somehow, create an image
from my
physical system (maybe as an ISO) and move that to the virtual machine
so
that I dont have to reinstall everything?  If so, how?

Thanks

Max

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM, William Hindman <
wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com> wrote:

> ...yes ...but its pretty simple to do since you can copy to/from a
local
> disk ...and the expiration dates have so far not been rigorously
enforced
> ...the copy of xp/vista is pre-activated and won't run outside the vpc
> environment.
>
> William

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.