[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Mar 19 21:58:44 CDT 2009

I agree - I've already told my customers that I'll be moving to .Net in a
year or so.  And, with the economy down and all my customers having gone
'quiet' this is a good time to learn!

It makes sense for MS to move Access back to a user/power user tool.  Why
have two development environments?  They've put lots of money into making VS
work well (I like VS 2008).  But I do remember that the first versions of VS
were poor - all the developers were asking, "Why can't it work like Access?"
Well, the IDE is now much improved.

But still, I know I can knock out stuff in Access pretty quickly now!

Dan