[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:37:55 CDT 2009

> Thanks for that Charlotte.
> So bottomline, they are not listening.
> Wow.
> I wonder.... given the low sales, low adoption rate, and poor acceptance
> of
> Office 2007 whether or not that will change....hmmmmm.
> Food for thought.

========07's been out for a long time and none of the publishers I write for
care whether I support it or not -- I am still writing for 03 and I try to
include 07 instructions were necessary, but I write from the 03 point of
view. I seldom get a "how do I do that in 07?" request if I forget to
include a parenthetical.

A poll we took a while back showed that less than half of my Office audience
has upgraded to 07 -- 07 is a dismal failure if that's all you consider.
However, I know that "corporate" types have upgraded in large numbers. So,
if MS is looking at only the hefty licensing, then yeah, they think it's a
success.

I could really use a new system, but I can't even face the Vista problem. I
hate Vista and I would be miserable working on it, and danged if I want to
pay extra for a downgrade to XP! What an obnoxious thing to do to your
customers!

Susan H.