[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Fri Mar 20 13:42:58 CDT 2009

...the leaks I see on A14 say its there to stay ...no word on fixes to
specific developer complaints about its functionality ...given the MS track
record, I expect it will be A15 before it gets really "fixed" ...not that
I'll be around to use it but I expect to take a peek at it for old times
sake.

...Access is part of the Office development environment now ...they took it
away from SQL Server and firmly planted it in the Office queue, that has
both good and bad imports ...we might actually see a new dao and better
integration with a now dedicated Jet engine ...otoh Access is going to be
stuck with the Office interface and the user vs developer focus ...ala the
ribbon.

William