[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 14:23:42 CDT 2009

I would say you are about right John.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
Queen's University
Riddel Hall
185 Stranmillis Road
Belfast
BT9 5EE
Tel : 02890974465
Email : mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of jwcolby [jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com]
Sent: 20 March 2009 18:57
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Microsoft knows that companies change slowly.  However Microsoft holds the reigns in that they can
refuse to sell older versions, whether an OS or Office.  Thus they know that eventually EVERYONE
will end up on the new versions, if only because their computers die and they get new ones with the
new software installed.

Not only that but the youngsters come in never having seen 2003 and think 2007 is lovely, or at
least they don't understand what they could be using.

They do NOT need developers to recommend the latest and greatest, it is eventually going to happen.

I have said it before, Microsoft has their own priorities and they are not our priorities.  If our
priorities conflict with theirs, theirs will win.  This is a case where apparently our priorities
conflict with theirs.