[AccessD] science on visual controls

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 22:49:22 CDT 2009

I liken the Ribbon to the tools in my garage.  They are nicely collected
into groups each representing a function. I have socket sets, I have
open-ended spanners, I have ring-spanners, I have woodwork tools, electrical
tools etc.  This works very well when I need to go find something that I use
infrequently.  For the items that I am constantly using, I have a toolbox
and in there I can lay my hand on nearly everything I need for 90% of the
time.
Pre-Ribbon, Most of the common items were already on the menu items and it
was an easy job to drag-n-drop the odd spanner or two.
Post-Ribbon, I have to think about "What group would the function fall under
thatI want to use". If I can successfully come up with the same answer the
MS UI group did, then I can click on that and then search for it.  I then
have to repeat it for the next "thing" I want do do.  As a developer this is
sooo tedious.
I want grouping my requirement not by functionality.

Max