[AccessD] Kill Text

Jack and Pat drawbridgej at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 22 18:33:22 CDT 2009

William, I just tried your function with my own directory and some jpg
files. I moved the Kill statement to after the For Next loop, since
it seemed to me you have deleted the files before you count and display them
via the Msgbox.
I had no problem Killing/deleting 74 jpgs

I ran the function a second time and got the No files message -- but I had
just deleted them.

My changes:

Dim fs As Variant
Dim i As Integer
Dim FileList As String

   ' Change to the appropriate folder
  'ChDir "C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports"

   Set fs = Application.FileSearch
   With fs
    .LookIn = "D:\PolestarPrints" 't"C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports"
    .FileName = "*.jpg"         '"*.txt"
    If .Execute > 0 Then

        FileList = "*.jpg" '"*.txt"
       ' Kill "C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports\" & FileList

        MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & " *.jpg file(s) found in
the D:\PolestarPrints\" 'C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports directory and
deleted."
        For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
            MsgBox .FoundFiles(i)
        Next i
        Kill "d:\PolestarPrints\" & FileList
    Else
        MsgBox "There were no *.jpg files found in the D:\PolestarPrints
directory."
    End If
   End With
   Set fs = Nothing