[AccessD] OT: ...end of line for Borland...

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 6 15:28:21 CDT 2009

I started learning Turbo Pascal about 1984.  I subsequently bought and actually used their
"toolboxes" including a database and graphics toolbox.  I ran it on a Single Board Computer that I
built myself from a kit (think soldering iron) and it had a 16 mhz 80186, 512K RAM a dual UART and a
dual 8" floppy disk, and ran CPM-86.  For the day it was a smokin' machine.  In fact when I finally
caved and switched to an XP clone I took a major hit in speed, moving down to an Epson 8 mhz 80188.
  However that machine had 640 K of main memory and a 2 meg ram expansion board, plus... a 10 meg
HARD DISK!

I continued to learn Turbo Pascal and later Turbo C on that machine.  I programmed almost
exclusively in Borland products until I switched to Access in 1994.

Lots of enjoyable years using their products.