[AccessD] OT: ...end of line for Borland...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu May 7 11:10:13 CDT 2009

That is the way of the computer world. I know more dead languages than I
know live ones.

My first major program was a survey app written in Intergraph script and
FORTRAN (on a PDP-11 and 351VAX no less which were then translated to the
desktop), then a Rental app written in 6502/6510 assembler (a harmless
drudge), an Election application in SuperBase, then Turbo-Pascal, followed
by a series of apps in SmartWare/Informix and then in Clarion (loved
Clarion)... I wrote a major POS/Accounting package for Dairies and they sold
very well...

The point I am trying to make is that computer languages come and go. The
best one today is history tomorrow. It is sad to see them go after spending
so much time becoming proficient and good friends and then they are gone.

Even ACCESS and ASP are dwindling and they are being slowly replaced by
.NET/Java.

In hindsight wished I stuck with 'C'. ;-)

Jim