[AccessD] FW: Formula in Report not Calculating

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:37:11 CDT 2009

>I have a report that is based on a parameter query. The query returns from
>a table a week number, department number, department description and 5
>fields that have an aggregate domain function of sum. When I try to put in
>the detail section of the report one summation field divided by another
>summation field all I get in print preview is #Error. I also notice that I
>get 4 records for each week because there are 4 descriptions for each week
>even though the report does not display this field. Can I not put the
>formula in the detail section?

=======Chester, domain functions respond differently to different report
sections. Also, you mention that the domain functions are actually in the
query? Is this correct? Please share the expression that's returning #Error.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5034488.html

You'll find that aggregates don't like the Detail section. However, you
should be able to divide one field by another, which is what it sounds like
you're doing. If all else fails, put the expression in the query.

As for the description field problem -- are you saying you don't want a
record for each description then? You can group by description and there's a
property that inhibits repetitive values -- I can't recall what it is off
the top of my head. Someone else will probably chime in and if you can't
find it, I'll go looking for it.

Susan H.