[AccessD] An interesting "feature" in SQL Server

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 20 17:29:27 CDT 2009

I am starting work on a database at an old client that was converted to SQL Server.  I discovered
that if I enter records into a table that contains a bit field, and that bit field is allowed to
store a null value, then any time I try to edit any field in that record  (at least through ODBC) I
get a "you have attempted to update a record being edited by another user" kind of error message and
the update fails.  I had to go into Management studio and set the bit to either a zero or a -1 at
which point the edits work normally after that.

Loverly.