[AccessD] VMWare VM can't get to the network

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 25 10:32:28 CDT 2009

Guys,

I am trying to get VMWare player working with a virtual machine on my vista laptop (dev machine).
The VM itself comes up and functions but no connection to my network.  I can't ping any of the
machines on my network, nor can the network ping the vm.

I uninstalled, downloaded the latest and reinstalled player but no joy.

I edited the vmx file to change the mac address, no joy.

I don't know where to go on this.  A VM isn't very useful if you can't get out to the network.