[AccessD] Basic Question

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed May 27 14:03:51 CDT 2009

Yes, UNION ALL will ignore the Union's default 'distinct row' behavior.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:07 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Basic Question

UNION isn't a join, it's an operator. You should get a record for each
record in the dataset. You're not matching data, you're just dumping
data
from multiple tables into the same dataset.

Now, I do believe there's something in there about duplicates????? I'd
have
to look it up and I'm just not sure, because there's UNION and UNION
ALL.

Susan H.

> I have a basic question for you.  Quite a few times, in the past, I've
> used Union Join queries to join different queries into common data.
For