[AccessD] Migrating an existing linked FE-BE Access DB to SQLServer-best method?

Collins, Darryl Darryl.Collins at anz.com
Sun Nov 1 17:01:26 CST 2009

I usually use an .mde front end to SQL Server backend.  I use a combination of ADO and DAO depending on the task.  Generally though I use ADO as much as possible.  I have not had any issues, and this has been in an enterprise grade corporate with 100's of users over an extensive WAN.  That says more about SQL Server and ADO than it does Access, but even so, impressed.

These days I would be more tempted to use an ASP.NET browser front end.

Cheers
Darryl.