[AccessD] Update a field in a table

Steve Turner sturner at mseco.com
Wed Nov 4 16:50:51 CST 2009

Hello list,

I need some help on updating a field in a SQL Express table linked to
Access 2k. I have written a query that pulls the employee cost per hour
out of our accounting system and made a table in Access to store the
data of approximately 45 records with 7 fields. I have an SQL Express
table with approximately 146 records and 20 fields. In that table there
is one field I would like to update with the cost per hour from the
first table for each of the 45 records in that table. This should either
be an update query or a simple read the first file and update the second
for each record. Not being a code expert I can't find a good example of
how to do this. In both tables I have a text field with the EmpNo. And
the BW001(cost per hour)number field. The SQL Express table has ex
employees and contractors which won't change. Which way to go because
I'm not sure the update query would work as I would like it to. Help
Please.

Steve A. Turner
Controller
Mid-South Engineering Co. Inc