[AccessD] Reorder Level

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Tue Nov 10 08:37:05 CST 2009

I want to show if an item is below the reorder level. The field is
ReorderLevel. They enter the amount they need to keep in stock.  The
problem is what if they are over stocked. For Example:  Reorder Level:
14. On Hand: 496 & On Order: 500. txtReorderLevel shows "Item is -982
units below minimum level.

I created a text box DaysPastDue that shows if they are below the
reorder level.

The control source of DaysPastDue ="Item  is " & [txtReorderAmt] & "
units " & "below minimum level".

The control source of txtReorderAmt:
=[ReorderLevel]-([txtOnHand]+[txtOnOrder])

OnCurrent:

If Not IsNull(Me!ReorderLevel.Value) Then 'There is a reorder level
entered

       ReorderLevel = Me!ReorderLevel.Value 'Show the value of the
reorder level entered

    If txtReorderAmt > 0 Then 'Reorder level is below.

 Me!ReorderLevel.ForeColor = lngRed 'reorder level is red

              Me.DaysPastDue.Visible = True 'Show past due label

    Else

        Me!ReorderLevel.ForeColor = lngBlack 'Reorder level is not low,
reorder level is black

               Me.DaysPastDue.Visible = False 'No order label.

    End If

 End If