[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: Bug in access

Jack and Pat drawbridgej at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 10 15:00:20 CST 2009

Found this via Google -- related to ACC2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225931

"The CDec() function is supported in Visual Basic for Applications code, but
not in Access queries."
"Create a custom function that uses the CDec() function. Call this custom
function from your Access query. For example:

   1. Create a new module and type the following code:

      Function NewCDec(MyVal)
         NewCDec = CDec(MyVal)
      End Function

   2. Save and close the module.
   3. Type MyID: NewCDec([CategoryID]) in the Field row of a query. Note
that when you run this function, it returns a valid value for the MyID
field."

jack