[AccessD] OT:Domains

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Nov 10 15:15:27 CST 2009

Two character top level domains (TLDs) are generally country specific ie .uk, .nz. .pg etc.

Each national TLD has it's own registrar and it's won set of rules.You have to find the
appropriate one or a third party who acts as an agent for them.

If you want a .pg domain, you have to register it through the PNG University of Technology.
I can do it for you through out new company PNGconnect (http:/www.pngconnect.com).

In many countries  the registrar has  strict rules. In PNG for example  the scond level
domain must be one of the standards ( .com, .net. .org, .gov, .edu)  and you must provide
proof of being  a registered  entity in PNG before they will assign a  domain name.  (ie
business registration for .com.pg, certificate of incorporation for .org.pg.

Russia is not so strict - a quick google turned up this:
http://www.europeregistry.com/domains/domains-ru.htm
( and mw.ru is taken)

--
Stuart