[AccessD] Several Questions regarding versions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:15:28 CST 2009

Questions for AccessD

1. What changed from version 2002 to 2003? I've been using 2003 for so long
that I can't remember 2002. As I recall it was buggy so they hurried out a
fix that was called 2003. Can anyone confirm or deny? What's in 2003 that is
not in 2002? (The reason for this question is that I'm up for an interview
for a contract and the client specified 2002 experience. I can't think of a
single person that uses 2002.)
2. Are there any tutorials available for how to customize the 2007 ribbon? I
think it's been asked and answered but I forget the answer. Has anyone found
a way to programmatically turn off the ribbon?
3. Perusing some interesting Access 2007 code for a wizard builder, I came
across the following syntax:
    With Forms(m_sFormName)
        !sfcWizPanel.SourceObject = arrPanels(m_nCurrentPanel - 1).sSubForm
      'and more similar statements
I've never seen a line of code that begins with an exclamation point before.
It appears to be no different than a dot. Is it used because of the
subsequent dot notation on the remainder of the line?
4. All the 2007 samples are written with macros not code. But when in Design
mode on a form, on the Database Tools ribbon tab there is a command to turn
all the macros on a form into VBA code. It works like a charm, so I've
converted all the samples to VBA code. My question: was this ability always
there (i.e. in 2003) and I simply didn't ever notice it, or is it new to
2007?

Thanks in advance.
Arthur