[AccessD] Microsoft WebsiteSpark Program

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 13 01:34:26 CST 2009

Hi Ken

Yes, it is an interesting offer. Indeed as it includes production
licenses for Windows and SQL Server.

Could you shed some light please on how to understand and handle 'the
big unspoken critical element' in their configuration utility? Is this a
trap of some kind?

/gustav

>>> kismert at gmail.com 12-11-2009 20:01 >>>
Gustav Brock:

http://www.microsoft.com/web/websitespark/Support.aspx?tab=ProgramDetails

> So if you consider "something else" than Access, this might help
you.

That is very interesting.

I must say, I am impressed with IIS7/Windows Web Server. It is stable,
modular, and fairly easy to configure, once you understand 'the big
unspoken
critical element' in their configuration utility.

Further, Microsoft has gone a long way in integrating PHP with IIS7.
They
have fixed a multitude of compatibility issues that used to exist in
IIS6
versions of PHP. Visual Studio even includes a PHP plugin with syntax
highlighting.

This has to be a more-promising development path than Access' still
tenuous
development story.

-Ken