[AccessD] Duplicates on Two Values

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Nov 18 10:46:47 CST 2009

Number 3. ItemName can be repeated & so can the ItemDesc just not
together in the same record.

For example, Paper comes in several different kinds, it can be Legal
Paper, Lined Paper, Construction Paper, etc. I just don't want them
entering Legal Paper twice. If it has already been entered, I would like
it to take them to that record, but at this point just letting them know
Legal Paper has been entered would be ok.

I am having a problem checking ItemName AND ItemDesc, especially since
they are text fields.

ItemName: Paper

ItemDesc: Legal

ItemName: Paper

ItemDesc: Lined

ItemName: Book

ItemDesc: Legal

ItemName: Book

ItemDesc: Lined

********

Is it the case that you have three checks to make?

1) Is ItemName already being used in an existing record?

2) Is ItemDesc already being used in an existing record?

3) Is ItemName = ItemDesc in the current record?

Rocky