[AccessD] Invalid Password

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Oct 2 09:40:51 CDT 2009

Dear List:

I have an app FE/BE with the BE password protected.  I prompt for the
password when the front end opens.  Been running fine.

Now the client asks to change the password every month or so, so I show him
how to open the back end exclusive, unset the password, reset the password.
That works.

But when I open the front end, give the password, now trying to open one of
the linked tables gives 'Invalid password' message.  None of the queries
which reference a linked table work - 'invalid password'.

If I manually delete the links and manually relink it almost works.  If,
after the manual relink, I close and reopen, it works.

What am I missing here?

MTIA,

Rocky