[AccessD] Invalid Password

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Sun Oct 4 22:29:23 CDT 2009

Rocky,

    If your client needs to implement periodic change of BE password, it might be preferable to provide a convenient arrangement so that at the click of a command button in the front end, the BE password gets altered as desired, accompanied by re-linking of all linked tables, based upon new password.

    It is noticed that if the BE is password protected, conventional re-assignment of modified connect string (e.g.  tdf.Connect = "<<NewConnectString>>") becomes ineffective (without causing any error). If this is followed by the usual  tdf.RefreshLink statement, an error is encountered.

    One way around the above hurdle could be to delete existing linked tables and replace the same by freshly linked ones. If this approach is acceptable, a suitable solution could be devised so that the user has simply to enter the new password and click a button in FE for automated change of BE password accompanied by freshly linked tables.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal