[AccessD] Open Report from MainForm based on SubForm

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Oct 14 10:38:34 CDT 2009

Ok, I changed the control on the subform to txtVehicleInspID. But I am
not sure which one to change in the code. I tried it in all the
different VehicleInspID's changed them to txtVehicleInspID but I still
got an error. I wasn't sure which one was the name of the
txtVehicleInspID now.

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , "VehicleInspID=" &
"Forms![frm_VehicleInspection]![frm_VehicleInspectionSub].Form![VehicleI
nspID]=" & Me![VehicleInspID]

You could make life easier by giving controls a different name from the
field they're bound to.  That would also reduce the incidence of this
kind of error.  Name your textbox txtVehicleInspID on the form and
change the code appropriately.  See whether that produces an error.  You
can get this kind of thing when Access can't figure out WHICH
VehicleInspID you're referring to.  The fact that it says  "Can't find
field VehicleInspID" says that it's looking for a field when it should
be looking for a control.

Charlotte Foust