[AccessD] I want one

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 02:16:28 CDT 2009

Hello Max,

I want to thank you for your suggestion to to try the HDMI cable instead of
the VGA.  It works a treat, with the added bonus that the Audio travels with
the HDMI cable so I do not have to plug the audio from the laptop into the
sound system separately.

However, I noticed last night that I I can only get a decent view by
selecting either 1900 x 1200 or else 1200 x 720.

1200 x 768 or
1200 x 800 or most of the other choices, including 800 x 600 do not render
correctly on the TV.  They display 800 x 600, but only utilise about 60% of
the available screen space, so IOW, it is all bunced up and now much bigger
than a standard monitor.

So last night I viewed email and some DotNetNuke forums through 1200 x 720,
I guess it was OK, but I wish the TV could do what most monitors do, which
is stretch the display according to what the PC outputs.

Thanks anyway for the super reminder about HDMI,

Mark