[AccessD] Access 2007 Question

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Oct 26 15:57:56 CDT 2009

> Now, when an Access 2010 application is published to the web,
> it gets converted to stuff like HTML and Javascript and
> SharePoint workflows.  How you going to do that with VBA?
> Macros, based on XML, is going to work - VBA is not.  Simple as that.

Steve - I don't quite understand the above.
Why can't they translate much of the VBA by creating a Javascript library of
functions and objects and then create a translator to convert the VBA code
to Javascript ?
They were able to translate VB6 to VB.NET, so why not VBA to Javascript
and/or their new highly touted XAML ?

I think an Access 2010 app ported to the 'net stripped of VBA will be mostly
useless.