[AccessD] XML

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Sep 3 10:06:18 CDT 2009

And I wasn't talking about storing a whole database in it.  However, for
transferring data, storing things like individual settings, etc., it is
quick, easy and efficient.  It is CERTAINLY as efficient as delimited
text for such things since the adapters are already built into .net, so
there's no need to create them one off for each effort.  You don't have
to read the xml into a particular structure because the structure is
built in.  And we store SQL in xml files where it can be quickly
retrieved by our data tier but is compiled into the dll putting it
beyond the reach of exploring users.

Charlotte Foust