[AccessD] OT: Programmers' Day

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 13 16:01:01 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil

<quote>
The number 256 (28) was chosen because it's the number of distinct values that can be represented with an eight-bit byte, a number that is typically very well known to programmers.[6] Also, '256' in hexadecimal is '100' ('0x100'), and it's the highest power of two that is lower than 365 (the number of days in a year). On the leap years, it's celebrated on September 12 (September 13 otherwise).
</quote>

Very nerdy I must say. Congratulations!

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 13-09-2009 21:07 >>>
Hi All,

FYI: Russian programmers have got an official professional holiday here -
Programmers' Day J (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmers%27_Day ).

I have got celebrated it already (it's 10:50p.m. here) with my wife and
minor son in the local restaurant.

Have a good evening there in the West Europe/West Africa and a good
afternoon/day there in the Atlantic, North and South Americas and Pacific
Ocean region.

Have a good new day there in Australia, Oceania and Asia J

Happy Programmers' Day! J

--Shamil