[AccessD] A2K: Run a VBA Function whose name is stored in a table

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Sun Sep 13 19:10:54 CDT 2009

Hi Team

How do you 'run' a VBA function in my Access dB whose name is stored in a table?

Say I have a table called tblFunctions with 3 fields

Fieldnames are : FunctionID, IsToRun and FunctionName

The 1st Field = PK, 2nd field = Integer and 3rd = text

EG

Dim strFunctionToRun as string

strFunctionToRun = dlookup("[FunctionName]","tblFunctions", "IsToRun = -1")

Assume the results of strFunctionToRun is say."f_SomeCoolFunctionThatDoesStuff"

How do I 'run' the results of strFunctionToRun??

IE how do I run "f_someCoolFunctionThatDoesStuff"

Many thanks in advance

DD