[AccessD] FW: Converting Access to SQL Server

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Thu Sep 17 13:09:44 CDT 2009

> Those guys have a demo of the converted Northwind on-line:
>   http://www.upsizingdemo.co.uk/Default.aspx
> Forms are very basic. The reports, however, appear quite successful.

The webform version is very impressive, but I think they are TOO LATE !
AC 2010 most likely will have this capability.
(Note: I'm not an official beta tester so I am not under NDA and I'm only
speculating here)

Also, I've "been there, done that" before. HERE'S A GREAT STORY:
In my earlier days using a vendor's product that lacked some GUI features
and controls,
I hired someone and we designed and programmed a set of function calls that
provided much
needed capability. However, memory was a constraint and we had to program in
assembler and "C" to keep the memory "footprint" small. So it took over 1
year to complete. By the time we rolled it out and began to market it, the
vendor had already "caught up" and was issuing their own version of what we
developed....and giving it away for free. Effectively, they stole some of
our ideas. Although it was not a rousing success because of this, I did get
all of my money back from ONE SINGLE SALE - over 300 licenses to one
customer. Otherwise, it would have just been another bankrupt development
effort just like the hundreds I see today on Sourceforge.

I wish the ASC Associates people the best of luck....but please HURRY !