[AccessD] Problem linking Access FE to SQL server BE

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:38:19 CDT 2009

Hello All:

I have some code which builds links from an Access 2003 FE to a SQL Server
2005 Express db, using 'CreateTableDef' with a connection string including
'Trusted_Connection=Yes'.  The code has been working perfectly on a Windows
XP Pro machine.

When I installed it on a client's Vista Home Premium machine, I could not
get the code to connect to the SQL Server instance.   I noticed that
whenever I tried to use SQL Server Managment Studio, I got the User Account
Control popup.  So, as an experiment I disabled UAC.  Then everything
started working again.

I think I'd rather have UAC enabled, for the presumed extra security - does
anyone have a fix for this which would work with UAC enabled?

Thanks,

Doug Steele