[AccessD] Update or CancelUpdate Without Addnew or Edit

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:59:16 CDT 2009

I have had the same problem with Access 2003/Access 2007.  It is my
impression that the order of events for subforms in Access 2007 is subtly
different than 2003.  But I can't prove it and the problem is generally
intermittent and not reproducible.  I've also corresponded with a couple of
other programmers with the same thing.

The only workaround I've found is to rewrite the logic of the update so that
you absolutely know that there is a record available to be updated.

Doug