[AccessD] A2003:Is a Scheduled Task Running

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Sep 21 18:49:34 CDT 2009

Hi team

I need to know if a scheduled task on a server is running or not.

Can this sort of thing be done via VBA?

The net is full of how to set up scheduled tasks but nothing (I can find) on how
to see if a scheduled task is running

The rationale is this

We have scheduled tasks that create and upload files to servers in the U.S. (We
are in Australia)

If the scheduled task is running and file X exists in folder Y at the same time
- Cool

If file X in folder Y exists and the scheduled task IS NOT running then it did
not go well

I have no control whatsoever over the scheduled tasks, nor the creation of the
file/s.

In fact I have nothing to do with the activities of this server

I just need to write a wrapper in Access to test the following every 20 minutes
or so

If the file exists and the task is running - Cool - Do nothing

If the file exists and the task is not running - Alert me (So I can alert
others)

The others will do all the work in resolving - I just need a simple alert
nothing more

Sounds simple eh?

Many thanks in advance

Darren