[AccessD] FileMaker Pro

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 25 17:00:20 CDT 2009

Hi Rocky

Not to be negative, but I believe you should spare your limited time for something else. Hours spent on this is of no use elsewhere.
We had a client running this - eh - stuff, and it was a nightmare. Also, the cost for server versions - which is needed for multi-user apps - is quite steep.

Cross platform is nice but really only on element of the scenario. We let Mac users open a terminal window to run a terminal server session. This runs fine and the result is very predictable. Or, as Steve mentioned, run the Parallel service to host the application.

Or move to Visual Studio, .Net, and a web application. The perspective and the potential of this is so much higher than fooling around with FM.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 25-09-2009 23:35 >>>
Thanks to all who responded to this thread.

It appears that FMP is a little weak on code and the app will be, in some
parts, very code intensive.  So I have some reservations.  I'll have to get
hold of the demo and take a closer look at the details.

Rocky