[AccessD] Access to Web

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:39:39 CDT 2009

Thank you Drew.  Much appreciated.

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Drew Wutka
Sent: 28 September 2009 21:10
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access to Web

Just make sure IIS is installed.  It'll need to be setup as a web page
in the webserver.  I've posted about this in the past, way to long to
get into today.  But an ASP page needs to be 'opened' through a
webserver, not just by the browser.  In other words, with a plain html
page, you could go 'C:\WebFolder\MyFile.html' OR
'http://localhost/MyFile.html' and your browser would open the file.  In
the first instance, it's just opening it from your hard drive, in the
second instance, it is querying you local webserver and displaying the
page handed to it.  So with an asp page, only the second instance will
work right.

Here is an example of an ASP page that would display a recordset as a
table:

<head>
<title>SQL Statement Processing</title>
</head>
<%
Dim cnn
dim sql
dim rs
dim i
dim strResp
set cnn=server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")
cnn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
cnn.open "c:\yourdatabase.mdb"
rs.open "SELECT ....",cnn,1,1
	<%for i=1 to rs.fields.count%>
width="<%=(100/rs.fields.count)%>%"><%=rs.fields(i-1).Name%></td>
	<%next%>
<%if rs.eof=false then
rs.movefirst
do until rs.eof=true%>
	<%for i=1 to rs.fields.count%>
width="<%=(100/rs.fields.count)%>%"><%=rs.fields(i-1).value%></td>
	<%next%>
<%
rs.movenext
loop%>