[AccessD] E-Mail Format Template Function

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Apr 10 18:26:08 CDT 2010

Do you mean something like this (aircode - will need debugging!):  ?

Dim rs as DAO.Recordset
Dim strText as String
Dim strMessage as String

'Get Template
Open "template.txt" for binary as #1
strText = space$(Lof(1))
Get #1, strText
Close #1

'Get VendorDetails and send email
Set rs = currentdb.openrecordset("qryVendorDetailsForEmail")

While not rs.eof
    strMessage = Replace(strText,"[VendorName]",rs!VendorName)
    strMessage = Replace(strStrMessage,"[VendorAddress]",rs!VendorAddress)
    Docmd.SendObject,,,rs!VendorEmail,,,"This Months News From ACME",strMessage,False
Wend

rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing.