[AccessD] 32 bit or 64 bit Access2010 (An OT reply)

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Mon Apr 19 15:29:59 CDT 2010

Thanks a lot, Drew, for these comments which help to put things into
perspective.  Much appreciated.

I guess I realised it is inevitable that we all have to go that way
eventually.  I was hoping for a bit more time to adapt. :-) And given that
there's normally no barrier to running 32 bit software on 64 bit computers,
or under 64 bit OSes, initially gave me a naively false sense of security.
Where the real pressure comes in, at this stage, from an Access developer's
point of view, is needing to cater to those instances where the user has
installed 64 bit *Office* on their computers.  This, I imagine, will affect
some of us in the short term more than others.

Regards
Steve