[AccessD] Weird problem - ugly logo in reports

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Wed Apr 28 02:00:55 CDT 2010

Hi John

I agree with your sentiments about Word and converting it to an Access
report

I have to ask-Are these embedded objects you are trying to display? (IE
BLOBs or OLE objects?)

If so - try and steer clear of that and just store the path to the image in
a table somewhere (Text 255 char) and then retrieve that value and pass it
to the DOT picture property of an ImageControl

EG assume path = "C:\Images\Corporate\ourlgo.jpg"
Assume form with an image control called "imgLogoDisplay"
Code would be something like Me.imgLogoDisplay.picture =
"C:\Images\Corporate\Ourlogo"

I've not issues with this - Using a combination of BMP and JPG (and others)
files for years - the biggest issue is getting the Zoom, Clip etc options
right at design time.

DD