[AccessD] Access 2007 ODBC Connection to SQL Server

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:49:10 CDT 2010

This is probably a really dumb question, but I am fairly new to SQL Server
plus I may have some brain damage due to many years of working with DB2.

I am trying to build an ODBC connection to a SQL Server Database so that I
can access it with Access 2007.

I have been given the Server Name and the Database Name.

When setting up the ODBC connection, I can see the Server in a drop-down,
but I cannot see the Database Name. (I can see other Databases in the
drop-down).   The funny thing is that another person on another PC can see
the database name that was given.

This seems really strange.  Is this possibly due to a security/authorization
setting?  I am really puzzled.

Thanks,

Brad