[AccessD] Droping trailing zero

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Thu Aug 26 14:32:19 CDT 2010

Can we see your code?

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Turner
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:07 PM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Droping trailing zero

Guys,

Need a little help. I have a form that I dropped a text box on to be able to type in a number or alpha number wanting it to be text. I'm using A2K. Trying to write this field to a table into a text field. If I use a number like 5760.40 when it writes to the table it drops the trailing zero. I've tried formatting the text box properties but if I add the .40 it will drop the zero. If I leave out the period it seems to write it to the table without dropping it. If I go into the table itself and type the number in it doesn't drop the zero. I need it to look like a number and also something like M501.00 but be a text entry. Anyone know how to do this.

Steve A. Turner
Controller
Mid-South Engineering Co. Inc
P.O. Box 1399