[AccessD] Prevent displaying a form until...

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Aug 26 15:21:52 CDT 2010

If you are adding the event to all forms, just make all the forms not
visible, and only set the visible property to true when the security
class 'ok's the user.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:00 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Prevent displaying a form until...

I am starting to test my table driven Presentation Level Security
system.  I have a login etc.  When
a form opens, in the OnOpen I initialize an instance of the class that
will drive the security for
that form.  I do it there because I can set Cancel = true to force the
form to shut back down if the
user is not allowed to use the form.

The problem is that the form *displays* even if it eventually shuts back
down.

This is an issue because I pop up a message box saying that the user is
not allowed to open the
form, but it is already open and displaying data behind the message box.
Oooops.

The only other time I have addressed this issue I opened a dummy form in
front of the form being
opened so that the form actually being opened was hidden.  That is an
ugly solution to a common problem.

Has anyone solved this problem in an elegant fashion.