[AccessD] PLSS - Open forms

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Aug 26 21:37:34 CDT 2010

In my PLSS, when a form is open and a different user logs in, I need to reapply security to all open
forms.  The new logged in user will probably have different rights than the previous logged in user.
  Any forms the new user opens after they log in will have security applied as they open, but any
forms already open need to have their security reapplied to reflect the group memberships of the new
user.

So says I, just go to the Application.Forms() collection, right?

Yea, except that forms open in design view are also in there.  Hmm...  If I just apply new boolean
values to the visible, AllowEdits etc properties of a form in design view... those changed
properties will be saved when the form (in design view) is closed.

Not good.

So how do I determine that a form is open in design view?