[AccessD] Two “Related” List Boxes on a Single Form

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 07:59:25 CDT 2010

I have just started to experiment with Parent-Child List Boxes on a single
form.  I have developed a method that works, but I would like to know if I
am on the right track.   Perhaps there is a better method that people with
more experience use.

For experimentation purposes, I am using a simple example.

The Parent List Box is set up for “Country” – Only two countries are in it,
 “Canada” and “US”

The Child list box is set up for Provinces/States

I have set up this function

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Global Country_Selected

Function Function_Country_Selected()

Function_Country_Selected = Country_Selected

End Function

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Parent List Box there is a  “On Click” Event Procedure with this code

Country_Selected = List0

(Plus code to Requery the Child List Box)

 In the Criteria in the Query for the Child List Box I have this line

Function_Country_Selected()

Again, this method seems to work.  I am just curious if this is the approach
that others use, or is there perhaps a better method.

Thanks,

Brad