[AccessD] Simple Print Preview Question

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Tue Aug 31 07:43:23 CDT 2010

Forcing a report to open at 100% zoom level
===============================

Bud,

    In Access 2003 onwards, two new properties have become available on format tab of report's property sheet as follows:
    (a) Auto Resize (default value: Yes)
    (b) Auto Center (default value: No)

    If you open the report in design view, set its Auto Resize property to No and save, it will thereafter always open at 100% zoom level. While at it, you might also like to set the Auto Center property to Yes.

    In Access 2000, although above properties are not exposed, its default style is to open at 100% zoom level.

    Note:
    Placement of code in report's open event for maximization of window and attaining the desired zoom level has the drawback that in such a case, the report does not get depicted on the task bar. Thus any such code, if used, should preferably be placed in the calling form's module. A generic subroutine like OpenReport() as suggested in David's post, could be used.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal