[AccessD] Text Boxes displaying in 2003 and not in 2007

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Dec 30 11:21:10 CST 2010

Dear List:

I have an app which I developed and delivered to the client in A2K3.  He
runs is mostly in A2K7.  This is a legal app which, among other things
tracks time spent.  The problem is on the Timesheet form where the lawyer
enters time by client and matter.

In the Timesheet Form Header section there are four text boxes:

txtHoursWorked - control source is =Sum([HoursWorked])
txtHoursBillable - control source is =Sum([HoursBillable])
txtAmountBilled - control source is =Sum([AmountBilled])
txtAmountToPay which is unbound and is update by a call to a module
ComputePay

The first three change after an update of one of those three fields in a
detail section.  Whenever a field which affects one of these fields is
updated, I call ComputePay and this updates the unbound text box
txtAmountToPay.

This works perfectly in 2003.  In 2007, however, after an update the values
in the first three boxes disappear and the fourth one doesn't change.  But
they're actually there.  If I alt-Tab away from the form and then alt-Tab
back, the numbers appear.

I have tried Me.Repaint and Me.Refresh in the ComputePay routine but no
soap.

I confirmed that this happens on my test bed machine as well as on his box.
Both are running SP2.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin