[AccessD] mdb block even though it was in a zip file

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Thu Dec 16 10:55:47 CST 2010

Whatever SW out Exchange Server runs, it works by extracting the files inside ZIP files and looking for file type signatures.

So if you rename a .exe file to .pdf it will still be rejected by the server because it looks inside the file and sees the "MZ" signature in the first two bytes. But if the zip file is encrypted the server cannot extract the files at all, and so it allows them through.

Lambert