[AccessD] Form Field Renaming Itself

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Fri Dec 17 01:48:07 CST 2010

I tried that but it still wouldn't work.

But in testing I found that the change was reflecting an alias that I
had in another combo box that was being used to select the record for
the main screen.  That is, I had another combo which had the same
table source as the form source.  When a record is selected in the
combo box then the main form was filtered to only show the same
record.  The OrderDate field in the combo box had an alias of "Date"
for the combo header.  When I removed the field alias in the filter
box then the problem stopped.  It meant that I also hid the column
headers for the combo box to keep things tidy.  This didn't answer
why the combo box should affect a field property but at least I have
solved the problem.

David