[AccessD] The old laptop is slowing down

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Dec 24 16:52:00 CST 2010

 > I moved from Vista to W7 and got a nice bump in  response time. Vista is such a pig.

Tell me!  I installed Vista on this laptop a couple of years ago and have hated it ever since.  I
think I will try an upgrade to 2007 just to see if that helps at all.

 >I assume you went through your processes and killed all the unnecessary ones.  Crap does accumulate.

I do that every 6 months or so.

 >4GB Ram?

It has 4 gigs now.  Unfortunately unknown to me I was sold a laptop with a chip set that cannot
access more than 3.5 gigs.  Who would suspect such a thing?